It never tires me to watch Eureka Seven over and over again. It has probably been the 5th time that I watched it. It is about to surpass my record with Star Wars which I watched for 8 times already and broke my Lord of the Rings record of 4 times. That’s how fond of I am of this anime.
Eureka Seven tells the story of Renton Thurston, a bored kid, who changes his life when he meets Eureka a mysterious girl of his age. Together, they set out to the world and face challenges that rock and strengthen their bond with each other.
One thing that got me glued on to this anime is the lessons I learned from it. Here are some that I got from the characters in the story.
1. “Don’t ask for it. Go out and win it for your own. Do that and you’ll suceed.”
In plain english, if you want something, do it yourself. You can’t depend on others always doing things for you. Learn to be independent.
2. “Whoever said that first love is bittersweet is dead wrong; it’s only bitter.”
This one is a bit funny but when you come to think of it, it’s also quite right. It would only be sweet if you ended up with your first love forever.
3. ” If you can truly believe in something then the power of your belief will make it real.Then I know you will be able to fly into the sky,help the people dear to you…”
Nothing else motivates you on your lowest than believing in yourself. Your friends may support or cheer you on but without belief in your skill/talent, nothing will happen.
4. ” Freedom, is something that you need to actively acquire. It’s not something that’s given with no strings attached. To be free means to take responsibility, and to prepare yourself for what’s to come.”
Rephrase: With great power comes great responsibilities. Nuff said.
5. ” A woman’s mind and autumn wind change often.”
Ah,yes. The lesson thay every guy should learn and comprehend from the moment he is born. That all women are fickle-minded. Haha.
And the list goes on and on. Overall, not only the story is great, but there are a lot of great things Eureka Seven can offer you. Why not give it a try? I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.